A three-alarm fire in Chappaqua that required the efforts of nearly a dozen agencies to knock down was caused by an electrical malfunction, officials confirmed on Thursday.
Multiple agencies were dispatched to a Leroy Road mansion at approximately 4 p.m. on Wednesday when there were reports of a fire at the six-bedroom home.
Once at the scene, first responders had difficulty locating a working water source near the structure, making matters more difficult. Fire crews spent approximately two hours knocking down the fire before the hectic scene began to clear.
In total, 10 people were safely evacuated from the house without injury, officials confirmed. The home sustained smoke, water and fire damage, which was largely limited to the second floor.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.