WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Yorktown High School won its first boys lacrosse state championship since 2003 and seventh overall by defeating Jamesville-DeWitt 10-9 in the New York State Class B championship game at Hofstra University on Saturday.
Game MVP Luke Palmadesso, a two-time All-American, won 19-of-23 faceoffs for Yorktown (18-5).
Defensive MVP Austin Fusco scored a huge goal with Yorktown clinging to a one-goal lead midway through the fourth quarter after a takeaway check with the Huskers a man down and then going end to end to score with his long pole to extend the Huskers' lead to 10-8.
Nicky Bonitatibus had two goals and two assists for Yorktown. Connor Vercruysse had two goals and one assist and Nick DelBene also scored two goals.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says