WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk assisted on one goal for the United States in a 7-1 men’s hockey hockey victory Thursday at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Team USA broke the game open with six goals in the second period. Paul Stastny scored two goals. John Carlson, Ryan Kesler, David Backes, Phil Kessel and Dustin Brown also scored for Team USA.
Shattenkirk, a defenseman, assisted on Stastny’s goal in 13:30 into the second period and gave Team USA a 5-1 lead.
The team's second game will be against Russia on Saturday at 7:30 a.m. EST. Its third game will be against Slovenia at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday.
The Slovakia, Russia and Slovenia games can all be seen on NBC Sports Network each day in 5 p.m. re-airings.
Medal qualifying games are set for Tuesday, Feb. 18. Quarterfinal action is set for Wednesday, Feb. 19, followed by the bronze-medal game on Saturday, Feb. 22 and gold-medal game on Sunday, Feb. 23.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend