SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – South Salem golfer Nicole Morales is the top-ranked junior player in two of the nation’s most prestigious associations.
Last year, Morales won the AJGA’s thunderbird International Junior tournament and finished fourth at the Rolex Tournament of Champions. She was also fourth at the PING Invitational in October. She is scheduled to play this week in the ANNIKA Invitational in Reunion, Fla. The tournament is named after former LPGA star Annika Sorenstam and begins Friday.
Morales began her high school career at John Jay. She now attends Lake Mary Prep in Florida and trains at the Mike Bender Golf Academy. Her longtime instructor at Bender is Cheryl Anderson, a native of Connecticut who taught and played in Westchester County from 1992-2007.
- 1 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans