SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – South Salem golfer Nicole Morales is the top-ranked junior player in two of the nation’s most prestigious associations.
Last year, Morales won the AJGA’s thunderbird International Junior tournament and finished fourth at the Rolex Tournament of Champions. She was also fourth at the PING Invitational in October. She is scheduled to play this week in the ANNIKA Invitational in Reunion, Fla. The tournament is named after former LPGA star Annika Sorenstam and begins Friday.
Morales began her high school career at John Jay. She now attends Lake Mary Prep in Florida and trains at the Mike Bender Golf Academy. Her longtime instructor at Bender is Cheryl Anderson, a native of Connecticut who taught and played in Westchester County from 1992-2007.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts