SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – South Salem golfer Nicole Morales is the top-ranked junior player in two of the nation’s most prestigious associations.
Last year, Morales won the AJGA’s thunderbird International Junior tournament and finished fourth at the Rolex Tournament of Champions. She was also fourth at the PING Invitational in October. She is scheduled to play this week in the ANNIKA Invitational in Reunion, Fla. The tournament is named after former LPGA star Annika Sorenstam and begins Friday.
Morales began her high school career at John Jay. She now attends Lake Mary Prep in Florida and trains at the Mike Bender Golf Academy. Her longtime instructor at Bender is Cheryl Anderson, a native of Connecticut who taught and played in Westchester County from 1992-2007.
- 1 Chappaqua Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 2 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 3 Chappaqua Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Abound Amid Rain, Slush, Snow In Westchester
- 5 County Backs Funding For Conifer's Chappaqua Station Proposal