PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University's softball team opened its season with a doubleheader split against Wilmington University in Delaware on Sunday, March 2.
Junior Caitlin McCann tossed a complete gameas Pace took the opener 4-2. The Wildcats won in the second game 5-4.
In the opener, freshman Nikole Larm blasted a solo homerun in her first collegiate at-bat to put the Setters up 1-0 in the second. Wilmington tied the game at one in the third.
In Game 1, McCann allowed two runs (one earned) on five hits, and made three strike out to give the Setters their eighth straight season-opening victory.
In the nightcap, freshman Kaitlynn Nelson tossed a complete game and allowed five runs on four hits and struck out three.
The next game for the Setters will be in the West Coast when the team takes on Cal State Chico on Saturday, March 15 at 3 p.m.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says