CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- World Cup gymnast Ryan Finkelstein recently earned the all-around gold medal with two performances on beam and floor at the 2014 New York State Championships hosted by CNY Gymnastics at the OnCenter in Syracuse.
Purchase native Finkelstein competed in the level seven and eight division earning the top all-around score of 35.475.
“She performed high-difficulty skills especially in her beam routine, which was nearly flawless,” said Lazar Gakev, head coach of the World Cup Gymnastics girls’ team.
Finkelstein took first place on the beam with a 9.375, first place on floor with a 9.250, second place on the uneven parallel bars with an 8.40 and seventh place on vault with an 8.450.
Finkelstein along with the top seven gymnasts in her age category will now represent New York state at the Regional Championships in Waltham, Mass., at the end of April.
For more information, call 238-4967 or visit www.worldcupgymnastics.com.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents