CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – When the Fox Lane-Horace Greeley high school swim meet concludes Thursday at SUNY-Purchase, one team will have suffered its first and only loss of the season.
The Foxes come into the meet with a 7-0 record, while the Quakers are 6-0-1 with the tie against Harrison High School. This is final regular-season meet for both teams.
“I think this year our coaches knew it was going to be a big meet so it was scheduled toward the end of the season,” said Horace Greeley senior and captain Risten Clarke.
Clarke said he knew the Quakers were going to have a good season following the team’s win over fellow annual power Suffern High School.
“We know that this is going to be a tight meet and an intense meet,” said Clarke of Fox Lane. “We’ve beaten a couple of very good teams and so has Fox Lane. Both teams are also pretty stacked with their lineups.
“We’re aware of the rivalry and you never want to lose, especially to a school you have a healthy competition with.”
Clarke said both teams are familiar with each other because many of the swimmers are members of the same club swim teams.
“There’s been some trash talking going on,” said Clarke, with a laugh. “We know they’re excited about this and so are we.”
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Chappaqua
- 2 State Board Approves Variances For Chappaqua Station
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Chappaqua, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Chappaqua; Blizzard Warning Issued