CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Horace Greeley High School girls’ basketball player Jackie Brett is The Chappaqua Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
The senior point guard has led the Quakers to a 4-4 record this season and has been a scoring machine for Greeley.
The team started 4-0 but lost every game thereafter. The loss of senior captain Lindsay Hill, who tore her anterior cruciate ligament in the Lakeland tournament, certainly hurt Greeley, but Brett has done everything in her power to keep the Quakers afloat.
Brett scored 27, 24 and 16 points in three of Greeley’s losses. Only Ossining held Brett to single-digit points this season as she had just seven in a 91-50 rout of the Quakers.
The senior wrapped up December just 28 points away from the 1,000-point milestone for her career. She would become just the fourth female player in school history to reach that mark.
- 1 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Estate That Straddles New Castle
- 4 Kaplowitz, Chair Of Legislators, Sides With Astorino On Affordable Housing
- 5 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash