CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Horace Greeley High School girls’ basketball player Jackie Brett is The Chappaqua Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
The senior point guard has led the Quakers to a 4-4 record this season and has been a scoring machine for Greeley.
The team started 4-0 but lost every game thereafter. The loss of senior captain Lindsay Hill, who tore her anterior cruciate ligament in the Lakeland tournament, certainly hurt Greeley, but Brett has done everything in her power to keep the Quakers afloat.
Brett scored 27, 24 and 16 points in three of Greeley’s losses. Only Ossining held Brett to single-digit points this season as she had just seven in a 91-50 rout of the Quakers.
The senior wrapped up December just 28 points away from the 1,000-point milestone for her career. She would become just the fourth female player in school history to reach that mark.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend