CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Horace Greeley High School girls’ basketball player Jackie Brett is The Chappaqua Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
The senior point guard has led the Quakers to a 4-4 record this season and has been a scoring machine for Greeley.
The team started 4-0 but lost every game thereafter. The loss of senior captain Lindsay Hill, who tore her anterior cruciate ligament in the Lakeland tournament, certainly hurt Greeley, but Brett has done everything in her power to keep the Quakers afloat.
Brett scored 27, 24 and 16 points in three of Greeley’s losses. Only Ossining held Brett to single-digit points this season as she had just seven in a 91-50 rout of the Quakers.
The senior wrapped up December just 28 points away from the 1,000-point milestone for her career. She would become just the fourth female player in school history to reach that mark.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Man Charged With Causing Severe Stab Injuries, Mount Kisco Police Say