CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- First-grade students from all three Chappaqua schools were recently paid a visit by Mr. Paul, from the Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show recently and learned how temperature affects different states of matter.
Liquid Nitrogen stole the show as Mr. Paul used it to shrink metal, “fire a cannon,” freeze a rubber ball (and then smash it into pieces against the wall), and shrink and collapse a balloon only to have it inflate and rise again.
Students gained a better insight as to how understanding the properties of solids, liquids and gases as a compliment to their science curriculum.
- 1 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 2 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 4 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Mount Kisco Police Search For Suspect Who Reportedly Attacked, Robbed Man