CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- First-grade students from all three Chappaqua schools were recently paid a visit by Mr. Paul, from the Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show recently and learned how temperature affects different states of matter.
Liquid Nitrogen stole the show as Mr. Paul used it to shrink metal, “fire a cannon,” freeze a rubber ball (and then smash it into pieces against the wall), and shrink and collapse a balloon only to have it inflate and rise again.
Students gained a better insight as to how understanding the properties of solids, liquids and gases as a compliment to their science curriculum.
- 1 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Chappaqua