CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- First-grade students from all three Chappaqua schools were recently paid a visit by Mr. Paul, from the Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show recently and learned how temperature affects different states of matter.
Liquid Nitrogen stole the show as Mr. Paul used it to shrink metal, “fire a cannon,” freeze a rubber ball (and then smash it into pieces against the wall), and shrink and collapse a balloon only to have it inflate and rise again.
Students gained a better insight as to how understanding the properties of solids, liquids and gases as a compliment to their science curriculum.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home