CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- First-grade students from all three Chappaqua schools were recently paid a visit by Mr. Paul, from the Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show recently and learned how temperature affects different states of matter.
Liquid Nitrogen stole the show as Mr. Paul used it to shrink metal, “fire a cannon,” freeze a rubber ball (and then smash it into pieces against the wall), and shrink and collapse a balloon only to have it inflate and rise again.
Students gained a better insight as to how understanding the properties of solids, liquids and gases as a compliment to their science curriculum.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Man Charged With Causing Severe Stab Injuries, Mount Kisco Police Say