CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- First-grade students from all three Chappaqua schools were recently paid a visit by Mr. Paul, from the Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show recently and learned how temperature affects different states of matter.
Liquid Nitrogen stole the show as Mr. Paul used it to shrink metal, “fire a cannon,” freeze a rubber ball (and then smash it into pieces against the wall), and shrink and collapse a balloon only to have it inflate and rise again.
Students gained a better insight as to how understanding the properties of solids, liquids and gases as a compliment to their science curriculum.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages