CHAPPAQUA -- Chappaqua school board incumbents Victoria Tipp and Karen Visser are unopposed in their re-election bids.
The two were the only candidates listed by District Clerk Theresa Markley. The deadline for candidates' petitions was on Monday, April 21.
Visser is currently the school board's vice president. She serves on the board's audit and communities committee, and is a liaison to the facilities committee and the Chappaqua School Foundation. Tipp is on the board of directors for the Westchester Putnam School Boards Association and serves on the board's audit and policy committees. Both of their terms expire on June 30.
School board members serve for three-year terms and the next election is scheduled for May 20.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring