CHAPPAQUA -- Chappaqua school board incumbents Victoria Tipp and Karen Visser are unopposed in their re-election bids.
The two were the only candidates listed by District Clerk Theresa Markley. The deadline for candidates' petitions was on Monday, April 21.
Visser is currently the school board's vice president. She serves on the board's audit and communities committee, and is a liaison to the facilities committee and the Chappaqua School Foundation. Tipp is on the board of directors for the Westchester Putnam School Boards Association and serves on the board's audit and policy committees. Both of their terms expire on June 30.
School board members serve for three-year terms and the next election is scheduled for May 20.
- 1 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 2 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48