CHAPPAQUA -- Chappaqua school board incumbents Victoria Tipp and Karen Visser are unopposed in their re-election bids.
The two were the only candidates listed by District Clerk Theresa Markley. The deadline for candidates' petitions was on Monday, April 21.
Visser is currently the school board's vice president. She serves on the board's audit and communities committee, and is a liaison to the facilities committee and the Chappaqua School Foundation. Tipp is on the board of directors for the Westchester Putnam School Boards Association and serves on the board's audit and policy committees. Both of their terms expire on June 30.
School board members serve for three-year terms and the next election is scheduled for May 20.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Town Board Approves Chappaqua Train Station Lease With Chases' Company
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 5 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm