CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua Schools is promoting school bus safety this week and is offering tips to parents, students and motorists to help keep kids safe.
On the way to the bus:
- Be alert, arrive at your stop at least five minutes early.
- Always obey all traffic lights and signals.
- Plan to walk with schoolmates whenever possible, facing the traffic.
- When crossing streets, always cross at crosswalks and intersections.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
At the bus stop:
- Stand back from the curb.
- Don't push or shove when entering or exiting and always use the steps and hand rail.
- Always obey the bus driver and wait for the driver's signal before crossing.
- Always cross at least 10 feet in front of the school bus.
- Never, never crawl under the bus.
When riding the bus:
- Take your seat quietly and quickly, remain seated when the bus is moving and don't get out of your seat when the bus is moving.
- Keep your feet on the floor and never ever extend your hands, arms, head or any object out the window of a bus.
- Talk in a quiet voice, be courteous to the driver and schoolmates, and try not to distract the driver through misbehavior.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend