CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Senior researchers from Horace Greeley High School recently participated in the 16th annual Westchester Science and Engineering Fair.
The 22 Greeley researchers competed against 550 students from various area high schools to showcase their multiyear research projects.
Local experts in life science, physical science, environmental studies, psychology, engineering and business adjudicated the students' projects.
Greeley students won the following awards:
- ASM Materials Education Foundation Award: Anna Lampe.
- ASU Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiative: Alexis Hoane.
- Mu Alpha Theta Award: Jeffrey Liu.
- Stockholm Junior Water Prize: Zoe Arditi.
- Office of Naval Research Award: Marc Xie and Teresa Tseng.
- Intel Excellence in Computer Science: Dorothy Shek.
- Third-Place Medals: Cari Himel, Matt Kaufman, Jake Klein and Ian Odland.
- Fourth-Place Medals: Dia Bhatti, Katharina Gschwind, Jessica Leason and Jordan Schmolka.
Greeley's science research course requires a three-year commitment and offers the opportunity to pursue areas of interest in science with hands-on learning experience.
Students typically spend six-10 hours working on their research every week.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.