CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Horace Greeley and Byram Hills high schools were named top high schools in country in U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 “ America’s Best High Schools .”
Chappaqua's Horace Greeley was ranked number 121 in the country and number 22 for the state of New York , while North Castle’s Byram Hills High School was ranked number 251 in the nation and number 39 in New York .
Bedford’s Fox Lane High School was not one of the 283 New York schools named in the rankings . It was ranked 379th in the nation and 53rd in the state in 2012.
While Horace Greeley is still considered one of the best schools in the country, it has taken a dip in U.S. News’ rankings within the last five years. The school was ranked 46th in the nation in 2008 and 79th in the nation in 2012.
Both Horace Greeley and Byram Hills were also awarded a “Gold” label from U.S. News, which represents being one of the country’s best high schools.
The following schools were named the top 10 high schools in New York:
- The Brooklyn Latin School
- The Bronx High School of Science
- High School for Dual Language and Asian Studies
- The Baccalaureate School for Global Education
- Staten Island Technical High School
- The High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- Townsend Harris High School
- Stuyvesant High School
- Rye High School
- Pittsford Sutherland High School
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.