CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- With sunny and warm weather on Sunday evening, June 22, Horace Greeley High School's 83rd annual graduation was held.
The celebration for the class of 2014, which numbers at around 300, was heavily attended in the large tent on the school grounds in Chappaqua.
Members of the class lined up in front of the school at a space by the gym and proceeded up a hill to the ceremony.
The ceremony included several student speakers and unique speech themes.
Two members of the class, Emma Benack and Katherine Rosenberg, were co-salutatorians, while David Shimer was valedictorian. Student Council President Andrew Lafortezza, addressed the large crowd, as did Senior Leadership Council Member Olivia Wangeman. Fellow student Kevin Haggerty gave a speech in his role as the Voice of the class of 2014.
Chappaqua school officials were present and spoke, including Principal Robert Rhodes, Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay, school board President Jeffrey Mester -- one of his sons was among the graduates -- and Assistant Principal Michael Taylor.
A photo gallery of the graduation is attached.
- 1 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 2 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 State Police Warn Chappaqua Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48