CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- With sunny and warm weather on Sunday evening, June 22, Horace Greeley High School's 83rd annual graduation was held.
The celebration for the class of 2014, which numbers at around 300, was heavily attended in the large tent on the school grounds in Chappaqua.
Members of the class lined up in front of the school at a space by the gym and proceeded up a hill to the ceremony.
The ceremony included several student speakers and unique speech themes.
Two members of the class, Emma Benack and Katherine Rosenberg, were co-salutatorians, while David Shimer was valedictorian. Student Council President Andrew Lafortezza, addressed the large crowd, as did Senior Leadership Council Member Olivia Wangeman. Fellow student Kevin Haggerty gave a speech in his role as the Voice of the class of 2014.
Chappaqua school officials were present and spoke, including Principal Robert Rhodes, Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay, school board President Jeffrey Mester -- one of his sons was among the graduates -- and Assistant Principal Michael Taylor.
A photo gallery of the graduation is attached.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Chappaqua
- 5 Funeral Set For Kristopher Stephenson Following New Castle Car Crash