CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- David Adler, author of more than 250 books for young readers, including the Picture Book Biography Series and the Cam Jansen Mystery Series, visited students at Chappaqua's Grafflin Elementary School on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
The award-winning author discussed the writing process and shared the many interesting ways in which he finds inspiration for his stories and characters.
Adler pulled a student from the assembly and discussed how he would turn her into a character for one of his stories.
“One of the reasons I love to write is because I know the people I’m writing about,” Mr. Adler said. “Everyone has their own stories to write, and no one can write the story you write, so have fun with it.”
Before taking questions from the audience, Mr. Adler concluded his talk by taking students on the journey of how an actual book is made by showing students galleys, illustrations, and how colors are added during the production process.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 State Board Approves Variances For Chappaqua Station
- 4 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 5 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border