CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua was named among the top high schools in New York and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Horace Greeley was the third-highest-ranked school in Westchester County and 19th in New York. Nationally, Horace Greeley was ranked 102nd.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
The 500 gold medal schools make up less than two-percent of the total schools studied.
In addition, 1,519 schools took home silver medals and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top ten schools in Westchester County -- all of which received gold medal ratings -- were ranked in this order by U.S. News:
1. Edgemont High School, Scarsdale
2. Rye High School
3. Horace Greeley High School, Chappaqua
4. Yonkers High School
5. Hastings High School
6. Byram Hills High School, Armonk
7. Briarcliff High School
8. North Salem High School
9. Rye Neck High School, Mamaroneck
10. Scarsdale High School
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Chappaqua
- 2 State Board Approves Variances For Chappaqua Station
- 3 Chappaqua Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Chappaqua, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow