CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua Central Schools boasted three of the top performing elementary schools in New York, including three in the top 25, according to education website Niche.
Douglas G. Grafflin was the top school in the district, ranking 20th in the state.
Niche compiled data on elementary schools from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. That data was broken into four different metrics and assigned a letter grade:
- Overall District Experience
- Teacher Grade
- Student Culture and Diversity
Grafflin had an "A+" grade in three of the four categories, but struggled with a grade of "C+" in student culture and diversity.
Roaring Brook and Westorchard ranked 21st and 22nd, respectively.
The top school in Westchester was Scarsdale's Fox Meadow, which ranked fourth in the state.
Westchester County Schools were featured prominently in the top 25.
- Fox Meadow, Scarsdale (No. 4)
- Edgewood, Scarsdale (No. 5)
- Quaker Ridge, Scarsdale (No. 7)
- Greenacres, Scarsdale (No. 8)
- Greenville, Edgemont (No. 10)
- Seely Place, Edgemont (No. 11)
- Osborn School, Rye City (No. 12)
- Heathcote School, Scarsdale (No. 13)
- Midland School, Rye City (No. 16)
- Bronxville Elementary, Bronxville (No. 17)
- Mamaroneck Avenue, Mamaroneck (No. 18)
- Douglas G. Grafflin School, Chappaqua (No. 20)
- Roaring Brook School, Chappaqua (No. 21)
- Westorchard School, Chappaqua (No. 22)
- Milton School, Rye City (No. 23)
- Wampus School, Byram Hills (No. 25)
Top honors in both New York and the country went to the George A. Jackson school in Long Island.