CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua schools will be closed Friday, Nov. 2, as previously announced.
In a phone announcement to parents, Chappaqua Central School District Superintendent Lyn McKay announced:
- Seven Bridges and Grafflin have power but cannot be opened as shelters
- The SATs scheduled at Greeley High School on Saturday will be postponed to Nov. 17
- There may be classes Tuesday, which is election day. If schools can open on Tuesday, students should report to classes
- The district has used its five allotted days for emergency closings. Make-up days, if needed, will be in this order: Feb. 19, Feb. 20, March 25 and March 26.
- McKay does not know if the state will make an exception to the 180-day requirement. The state will make a determination after all power has been restored.