CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay and the Chappaqua Central School District will be joined by Diane Cunningham of Learner Centered Inititatives at a Knowledge Café on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Robert E. Bell Middle School Auditorium.
Cunningham organizes long-term staff development programs related to standards-based curriculum, instruction and assessment, and has been working with the district for the past two years to design the new state-required Local Performance Assessments.
Wednesday night’s Knowledge Café will focus on those new assessments, which are currently being piloted and administered for the first time this spring to all students across all grade levels.
These are the goals of the Knowledge Café:
- Give participants an opportunity to experience the local performance assessment process.
- Help participants understand how the new local performance assessments support learning.
- Discuss the connections between the new local performance assessments and student learning.
- 1 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Chappaqua Fire Department Issues Advisory About Smoke Odor
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Chappaqua