CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Chappaqua Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay and the Chappaqua Central School District will be joined by Diane Cunningham of Learner Centered Inititatives at a Knowledge Café on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Robert E. Bell Middle School Auditorium.
Cunningham organizes long-term staff development programs related to standards-based curriculum, instruction and assessment, and has been working with the district for the past two years to design the new state-required Local Performance Assessments.
Wednesday night’s Knowledge Café will focus on those new assessments, which are currently being piloted and administered for the first time this spring to all students across all grade levels.
These are the goals of the Knowledge Café:
- Give participants an opportunity to experience the local performance assessment process.
- Help participants understand how the new local performance assessments support learning.
- Discuss the connections between the new local performance assessments and student learning.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 3 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Town Board Puts Off Votes On Some Chappaqua Crossing Items