CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - All five of Chappaqua Central School District's budgeted cancellation days have been used up following Hurricane Sandy, the district announced.
Missing another day of school would cause Chappaqua students to fall below the state-requirement of 180 school days, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- Wednesday, Feb 20 (winter recess)
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 (winter recess)
- Monday, March 25 (spring recess)
- Tuesday, March 26 (spring recess)
If those four days are still not enough, the district would likely have to convert even more vacation days.
- 1 Firm Unveils Overhaul Plan For Downtown Chappaqua
- 2 Groups Offer Advice For Dealing With Wild Critters In Westchester
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'