CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - All five of Chappaqua Central School District's budgeted cancellation days have been used up following Hurricane Sandy, the district announced.
Missing another day of school would cause Chappaqua students to fall below the state-requirement of 180 school days, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- Wednesday, Feb 20 (winter recess)
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 (winter recess)
- Monday, March 25 (spring recess)
- Tuesday, March 26 (spring recess)
If those four days are still not enough, the district would likely have to convert even more vacation days.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend