CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - All five of Chappaqua Central School District's budgeted cancellation days have been used up following Hurricane Sandy, the district announced.
Missing another day of school would cause Chappaqua students to fall below the state-requirement of 180 school days, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- Wednesday, Feb 20 (winter recess)
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 (winter recess)
- Monday, March 25 (spring recess)
- Tuesday, March 26 (spring recess)
If those four days are still not enough, the district would likely have to convert even more vacation days.
- 1 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 2 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua