CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - All five of Chappaqua Central School District's budgeted cancellation days have been used up following Hurricane Sandy, the district announced.
Missing another day of school would cause Chappaqua students to fall below the state-requirement of 180 school days, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- Wednesday, Feb 20 (winter recess)
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 (winter recess)
- Monday, March 25 (spring recess)
- Tuesday, March 26 (spring recess)
If those four days are still not enough, the district would likely have to convert even more vacation days.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring