CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua Schools will be closed Monday for students. Teachers will be asked to report to work.
Chappaqua Central School District Superintendent Lyn McKay announced in a phone message to parents that she's optimistic schools can open for students on Tuesday.
"Our schools are in good shape" and power will be restored to most if not all schools on Monday or Tuesday, announced McKay.
If school is held for students on Tuesday, bus pickups will be on main roads only. McKay said the district will send a list of pickup locations before school opens.
Horace Greeley High School gym will be open on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for residents who need to shower, charge devices or simply be warm.
"We welcome you," said McKay.
- 1 Broadway Producer's New Castle Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 2 Appeal Denied In Chappaqua Murder Conviction
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Says Mount Kisco Native Jenner In 20/20 Interview