CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua Schools will be closed Monday for students. Teachers will be asked to report to work.
Chappaqua Central School District Superintendent Lyn McKay announced in a phone message to parents that she's optimistic schools can open for students on Tuesday.
"Our schools are in good shape" and power will be restored to most if not all schools on Monday or Tuesday, announced McKay.
If school is held for students on Tuesday, bus pickups will be on main roads only. McKay said the district will send a list of pickup locations before school opens.
Horace Greeley High School gym will be open on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for residents who need to shower, charge devices or simply be warm.
"We welcome you," said McKay.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Going Nuts In Chappaqua For The Sake Of Westchester's Dogs, Cats
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Chappaqua