CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Chappaqua Schools will be closed Monday for students. Teachers will be asked to report to work.
Chappaqua Central School District Superintendent Lyn McKay announced in a phone message to parents that she's optimistic schools can open for students on Tuesday.
"Our schools are in good shape" and power will be restored to most if not all schools on Monday or Tuesday, announced McKay.
If school is held for students on Tuesday, bus pickups will be on main roads only. McKay said the district will send a list of pickup locations before school opens.
Horace Greeley High School gym will be open on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for residents who need to shower, charge devices or simply be warm.
"We welcome you," said McKay.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Chappaqua
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Chappaqua, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Chappaqua; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westchester Schools Postpone SAT Exams Due To Inclement Weather