CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Several Northern Westchester towns will take a closer look at the county’s 2009 state-mandated affordable housing settlement during a discussion at 7 p.m., March 6, in the Bedford Town Court House.
The meeting, “Furthering Fair & Affordable Housing units in Northern Westchester,” will recap the events leading to the settlement in addition to discussing the following questions:
- How have we and others responded?
- Are we inclusionary?
- Can we overcome environmental and other impediments?
- Why develop affordable homes in Northern Westchester?
- What are the benefits?
- Who will live there?
- What will these homes look like?
The event is sponsored by the Blue Mountain Housing Development Corporation in in partnership with the towns of Bedford, New Castle, Lewisboro, North Salem, Pound Ridge and Somers.
The Pace Land Use Law Center and Housing Action Council will facilitate the discussion.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco
- 5 New Castle Creates Arts And Culture Committee, Saves Theater