NEW CASTLE, N.Y. - New Castle is looking to fill a vacant town justice position after one its two judges, David Zuckerman, was elected to a county position last week.
Zuckerman, who is in his third two-year term, will officially begin his position as Westchester County Court Judge on Jan. 1. His town position will be up for election in Nov. 2013, but the New Castle Town Board will appoint somebody to take over until then.
The town is asking any interested candidates to send a letter of interest and a resume to Supervisor Susan Carpenter at Town Hall, 200 S. Greeley Ave., Chappaqua, N.Y., 10514.
General duties of a town justice include: conducting sessions of justice court and special sessions court, hearing cases and rendering decisions.
Any questions regarding the position should be directed to Town Administrator Penny Paderewski at email@example.com or 914-238-4742.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring