NEW CASTLE, N.Y. - New Castle is looking to fill a vacant town justice position after one its two judges, David Zuckerman, was elected to a county position last week.
Zuckerman, who is in his third two-year term, will officially begin his position as Westchester County Court Judge on Jan. 1. His town position will be up for election in Nov. 2013, but the New Castle Town Board will appoint somebody to take over until then.
The town is asking any interested candidates to send a letter of interest and a resume to Supervisor Susan Carpenter at Town Hall, 200 S. Greeley Ave., Chappaqua, N.Y., 10514.
General duties of a town justice include: conducting sessions of justice court and special sessions court, hearing cases and rendering decisions.
Any questions regarding the position should be directed to Town Administrator Penny Paderewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-238-4742.
- 1 Annelise Parziale, Chappaqua Resident, Greeley Grad, 25
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Town Board Closes Last Two Hearings For Chappaqua Crossing Retail Plan
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Chappaqua
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer