CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The New Castle League of Women Voters wants local residents to know about the six statewide questions on the Nov. 5 ballot.
These are the proposals:
1. Casino gambling
2. Civil Service Credit for Veterans with Disabilities Certified Post-Appointment
3. Exclusion of Indebtedness Contracted for Sewage Facilities
4. Settling Disputed Title in the Forest Preserve
5. In Relation to a Land Exchange in the State Forest Preserve with NYCO Minerals, Inc.
6. Increasing Age until which Certain State Judges Can Serve
The New York State League of Women Voters has compiled a brief summary of each proposal and presented the pros and cons of a “Yes” vote for each proposal. Click here to see the summary.
The New Castle league also is hosting a candidates’ night at 7 p.m., Oct. 24, at the Chappaqua Library theater, 95 S. Greeley Ave. The event also will be streamed live by the New Castle Community Media Center for those who can't make it, Call the center at (914) 861-2717 for the link.
Questions for the candidates may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. You must provide your name and address with your question.
The following candidates are scheduled to attend:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY LEGISLATOR, DISTRICT 4
NEW CASTLE TOWN SUPERVISOR
NEW CASTLE TOWN BOARD
Judicial candidates will present a statement, but no questions will be taken from the audience for that position.