WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A woman allegedly driving at 92 miles per hour was charged with driving while ability was impaired by New York State Police on Interstate 684 in Bedford on Friday, July 18, officials said.
Mildred Betancourt, 36, of Watertown, Conn., allegedly failed field sobriety tests after being pulled over and was charged with driving while ability impaired, according to State Police.
Johannie Cruz, 25, who was a passenger in the car was found with 85 oxycodone pills and a small amount of marijuana. She was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and intent to sell, Troopers said.
Betancourt was released on $3,500 bail while Cruz was held in lieu of $10,000 bail, officials said.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Going Nuts In Chappaqua For The Sake Of Westchester's Dogs, Cats
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Chappaqua