NEW CASTLE, N.Y. ‒ Several holiday tips attached to trash containers for sanitation workers have been reported stolen, according to New Castle Police.
During the holiday season it is common to see residents affix gifts or tips to garbage cans as a token of appreciation for sanitation workers. Some of those gifts, however, have reportedly not been reaching the intended recipients.
"New Castle Police have received reports from residents that envelopes and packages which had been placed in mailboxes or affixed to trash containers are being taken by unknown persons," Chief Charles Ferry said a statement.
Police recommend that residents who want to leave gifts for service workers make arrangements to present the gift in person. They also ask residents to report suspicious activity to the police at 914-238-4422.
- 1 Firm Unveils Overhaul Plan For Downtown Chappaqua
- 2 Groups Offer Advice For Dealing With Wild Critters In Westchester
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43