NEW CASTLE, N.Y. ‒ Several holiday tips attached to trash containers for sanitation workers have been reported stolen, according to New Castle Police.
During the holiday season it is common to see residents affix gifts or tips to garbage cans as a token of appreciation for sanitation workers. Some of those gifts, however, have reportedly not been reaching the intended recipients.
"New Castle Police have received reports from residents that envelopes and packages which had been placed in mailboxes or affixed to trash containers are being taken by unknown persons," Chief Charles Ferry said a statement.
Police recommend that residents who want to leave gifts for service workers make arrangements to present the gift in person. They also ask residents to report suspicious activity to the police at 914-238-4422.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend