NEW CASTLE, N.Y. - Two burglaries a month apart in Chappaqua and Millwood might be connected, New Castle police said.
Residents of Asian descent were the victims of a Nov. 5 burglary at Surrey Lane in Millwood and a Monday burglary at Chappaqua Mountain Road in Chappaqua, according to police. Both burglaries occurred during daytime hours.
"In 2010 New Castle Police arrested three burglars that we believe were targeting people of Asian descent," said a statement prepared by Chief Charles Ferry. "Although the investigation is in the preliminary stages, we (want) to warn New Castle residents that it is possible that homes owned by people of Asian descent are again being targeted."
Police ask residents to be watchful and report any suspicious activity to the New Castle Police at 914-238-4422 and to call 911 if there is a crime in progress.
Anybody with information concerning the recent burglaries should call the Detective Division at 914-238-1566.
- 1 Baltimore Riots Hit Close To Home For Chappaqua Mom Dawn Dankner-Rosen
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say