CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The following is an advisory from the New Castle Police Department sent to residents following concerns about at least one man claiming to be a roofing contractor going door-to-door to solicit business.
Advisory: Police ask residents to report any door to door solicitors by calling 914-238-4422.
Town law requires any person soliciting business door to door to secure a Solicitor’s Permit from the Police Department. At the present time, there are no permits which have been issued for solicitation for home improvements, financial services or any other products. Anyone who is approached in person at home with a business solicitation is encouraged to call New Castle Police at the time it is happening so that we may respond and correct the situation.
Report suspicious activity by calling 914-238-4422 and ask to speak with an officer.
Any home contactors must also be registered with Westchester County and have a permit in order to perform contracting work. Those permits may be checked by calling Westchester County Department of Consumer Protection. This can be a great help in avoiding being victimized by fraudulent home contracting scams.
LT Daniel Cannon
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island
- 4 Homicide Ruled As Cause Of Death For Man Found In Mount Kisco, Police Say
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Chappaqua