CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The following is an advisory from the New Castle Police Department sent to residents following concerns about at least one man claiming to be a roofing contractor going door-to-door to solicit business.
Advisory: Police ask residents to report any door to door solicitors by calling 914-238-4422.
Town law requires any person soliciting business door to door to secure a Solicitor’s Permit from the Police Department. At the present time, there are no permits which have been issued for solicitation for home improvements, financial services or any other products. Anyone who is approached in person at home with a business solicitation is encouraged to call New Castle Police at the time it is happening so that we may respond and correct the situation.
Report suspicious activity by calling 914-238-4422 and ask to speak with an officer.
Any home contactors must also be registered with Westchester County and have a permit in order to perform contracting work. Those permits may be checked by calling Westchester County Department of Consumer Protection. This can be a great help in avoiding being victimized by fraudulent home contracting scams.
LT Daniel Cannon
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 3 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes