CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. ‒ Another home owned by a resident of Asian descent was burglarized Monday. The incident was reported to New Castle police just hours after they released an advisory on a possible trend of similar burglaries.
The latest home burglary was reported on Birch Lane in Chappaqua, police said. Residents of Asian descent were also the victims of a Nov. 5 burglary at Surrey Lane in Millwood and a Monday burglary at Chappaqua Mountain Road in Chappaqua, according to police. All of the alleged burglaries occurred during the day.
"This strengthens our belief that the burglars are targeting homes owned by persons with Asian last names," Chief Charles Ferry said in a statement. "Residents are advised to take necessary precautions to protect their property."
In 2010, three suspects were charged in connection with a string of burglaries with a similar trend, according to Ferry, who said neighborhood patrols have been increased.
Police ask residents to be watchful and report any suspicious activity to the New Castle police at 914-238-4422, or to call 911 if there is a crime in progress.
Anybody with information concerning the recent burglaries should call the Detective Division at 914-238-1566.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring