MILLWOOD, N.Y. – A faulty fireplace flue caused a fire at a Millwood home Sunday night, Millwood Assistant Fire Chief Greg Santone said.
The Millwood Fire Department arrived at the house on Shinglehouse Road at 9:01 p.m., three minutes after receiving the call, officials said. Santone said there were heavy flames in the chimney area, causing extensive damage to the second floor and attic. There were no injuries.
The fire, which took 40 minutes to extinguish, left the house unlivable, fire officials said.
According to Santone, the homeowners of the three-story home were appreciative of the response time and efforts from local fire departments. Additional aid was provided on scene from the Mount Kisco, Chappaqua and Ossining fire departments and the Chappaqua Volunteer Ambulance Corps. The Briarcliff Manor Fire Department were on stand by.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.