MILLWOOD, N.Y. ‒ An accident on the Taconic State Parkway early Wednesday morning left two damaged cars near the Route 100/133 Exit, but only one driver.
The missing motorist was later found at a gas station and charged with leaving the scene of an accident, according to State Police.
The accident occurred around 12:30 a.m. when a mini-van was reportedly clipped and driven off the road, according to Greg Santone, first assistant chief of the Millwood Fire Company. Santone said the driver of the mini-van was “conscious and alert” and transported to a local medical center by the Ossining Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
“That left a later model four-door sedan in the center medium with some damage to the driver side but no driver,” Santone said.
The driver was spotted in the woods off the southbound lane, but had left by the time New York State Police arrived, Santone said.
“We were there quite a while scouring the woods,” he said.
State Police said the driver was found at the Shell gas station on 201 Saw Mill River Road and charged with leaving the scene of the accident, a violation. The investigation is still ongoing, police said.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Exit Reopens After Closure Due To Broken Railroad Arm
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Man Charged With Causing Severe Stab Injuries, Mount Kisco Police Say