Contact Us
Chappaqua Daily Voice serves Chappaqua, NY

Menu

Chappaqua Daily Voice serves Chappaqua, NY

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Cause Determined For Weekend House Fire In Millwood

A home in Millwood caught fire Saturday morning due to an electrical cord.
A home in Millwood caught fire Saturday morning due to an electrical cord. Photo Credit: Michael Nocella

MILLWOOD, N.Y. – A fire that began early Saturday morning set blaze to about “60 percent” of a home in Millwood, according to Millwood Fire Department Chief Greg Santone.

Santone said the fire was called in around 7:45 a.m. Saturday morning by a neighbor of the house, which is located at 22 Saddle Ridge Road. Fire departments from Ossining, Chappaqua and Mount Kisco were on scene and Briarcliff was on stand-by.

The scene was completely cleared by 10:45 a.m.

“The main body of the fire was put down within 30 minutes,” said Santone. "It was a heavy fire."

Santone said that while the residents of the home were inside when the fire started, they were able to exit the house without injuries. Fortunately, they have an additional home to reside in, as their Millwood home is currently unlivable.

According to Santone, the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.

“The cord powering the home’s heating system caught fire,” he said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Chappaqua Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.