The fire at the Northern Westchester compound of former President Bill Clinton and 2016 presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Tuesday was the result of a bathroom fan shorting out, according to New Castle Supervisor Rob Greenstein.
The fire occurred in a facility for Secret Service at the property on Old House Lane in Chappaqua. The fan shorting out burned a hole in the bathroom ceiling, Greenstein said. The facility was not connected to the Clintons' main home.
"Our incredible volunteers with Chappaqua Fire Department promptly responded," Greenstein said.
No injuries were reported and the Clintons were not home when the fire occurred.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.