CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Virginia “Gina” Southworth Warner, the mother and grandmother of Chappaqua residents, died in Penobscot, Maine on Wednesday, July 2. She was 96.
Southworth Warner was born Jan. 27, 1918 in Springfield, Mass., to Edward and Virginia Sprague Southworth.
She is survived by a (daughter) Elizabeth S. and Douglas Arntzen of Ellsworth, Maine; (son) Charles N. and Ruth C. Warner, and (grandchildren) Aaron and Jeremy Warner of Chappaqua; (niece) Sara S. and Christopher Weir of Danbury, Conn., (grandchild) J.B. and Erika Weir and (great-grandchildren) Piper and Ivy of Waitsfield, Vt.; and (nephew) Edward and Katherine B. Southworth, and (grandchildren) Lea and Jonathan Southworth of Murietta, Calif.
Her husband Nelson Melbourne Warner, Jr., sisters Ann S. Frost Oram and Helen S. Atwood and brother Edward Southworth, Jr., died earlier.
A celebration of life memorial service will be held on Saturday, Aug. 16, at 2 p.m. at the Sunset Congregational Church in Deer Isle Maine with private interment to follow at Hillside Cemetery.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Going Nuts In Chappaqua For The Sake Of Westchester's Dogs, Cats
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Chappaqua