CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Virginia “Gina” Southworth Warner, the mother and grandmother of Chappaqua residents, died in Penobscot, Maine on Wednesday, July 2. She was 96.
Southworth Warner was born Jan. 27, 1918 in Springfield, Mass., to Edward and Virginia Sprague Southworth.
She is survived by a (daughter) Elizabeth S. and Douglas Arntzen of Ellsworth, Maine; (son) Charles N. and Ruth C. Warner, and (grandchildren) Aaron and Jeremy Warner of Chappaqua; (niece) Sara S. and Christopher Weir of Danbury, Conn., (grandchild) J.B. and Erika Weir and (great-grandchildren) Piper and Ivy of Waitsfield, Vt.; and (nephew) Edward and Katherine B. Southworth, and (grandchildren) Lea and Jonathan Southworth of Murietta, Calif.
Her husband Nelson Melbourne Warner, Jr., sisters Ann S. Frost Oram and Helen S. Atwood and brother Edward Southworth, Jr., died earlier.
A celebration of life memorial service will be held on Saturday, Aug. 16, at 2 p.m. at the Sunset Congregational Church in Deer Isle Maine with private interment to follow at Hillside Cemetery.
- 1 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 2 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Town Board Puts Off Votes On Some Chappaqua Crossing Items
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Chappaqua