CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Robert W. Ciampi of Chappaqua died May 24. He was 55.
Ciampi grew up in Crestwood. He was a graduate of Iona Preparatory School in New Rochelle, and for many years worked at V. Ciampi & Son, Inc. of Mount Vernon. He was a longtime member of Local 137 of the International Operating Engineers Union (IOEU), most recently working as a night crane operator on the Tappan Zee Bridge project.
He was active in the Italian American Club and Kiwanis Club of Bronx Shore.
Ciampi is survived by his wife, Kathe Baxter Ciampi; daughter, Robin; parents, Richard and Judy Ciampi; sister, Julie Ciampi; brother, Richard J. Ciampi, Jr. (Ro); and nieces and a nephew.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27 from 5 to 9 p.m. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28 at Our Lady of Fatima. Entombment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Bronx Shore Kiwanis, c/o Emil De Pierro, Treasurer, 1874 Pelham Parkway South, Apt 2F, Bronx, NY 10461. www.bwskiwanis.org
- 1 Chappaqua Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Chappaqua