CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Jean C. Hattauer, a former Chappaqua resident, died Monday, Dec. 17, at the Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center in Hillsborough, N.J. She was 91.
Daughter of the late Amel Reynold Carlson and Frances Lillian Evald Carlson, Hattauer was born April 7, 1921, in Chicago, Ill. She had resided in New York since 1955.
Hattauer was a Princeton Seminary graduate. She worked as the assistant minister and director of Christian education at First Congregational Church of Chappaqua. She was predeceased by two brothers, Reynold and Burley Carlson, as well as a sister, Emmy Sunny Merritt.
Hattauer is survived by her husband of 52 years, Richard G. Hattauer; two sons and daughters-in-law, Richard and Ann Hattauer of Monrovia, Md., and Jim and Frances Hattauer of Flemington, N.J.; and four grandchildren: Richard Hattauer III, Christopher, Elizabeth and Rachel Hattauer.
Please visit www.holcombefisher.com for further information, or to send condolences.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Estate That Straddles New Castle
- 2 New Chappaqua Crossing Housing Plan Puts 32 Units In Cupola Building
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk