CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Jean C. Hattauer, a former Chappaqua resident, died Monday, Dec. 17, at the Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center in Hillsborough, N.J. She was 91.
Daughter of the late Amel Reynold Carlson and Frances Lillian Evald Carlson, Hattauer was born April 7, 1921, in Chicago, Ill. She had resided in New York since 1955.
Hattauer was a Princeton Seminary graduate. She worked as the assistant minister and director of Christian education at First Congregational Church of Chappaqua. She was predeceased by two brothers, Reynold and Burley Carlson, as well as a sister, Emmy Sunny Merritt.
Hattauer is survived by her husband of 52 years, Richard G. Hattauer; two sons and daughters-in-law, Richard and Ann Hattauer of Monrovia, Md., and Jim and Frances Hattauer of Flemington, N.J.; and four grandchildren: Richard Hattauer III, Christopher, Elizabeth and Rachel Hattauer.
Please visit www.holcombefisher.com for further information, or to send condolences.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend