CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Jean C. Hattauer, a former Chappaqua resident, died Monday, Dec. 17, at the Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center in Hillsborough, N.J. She was 91.
Daughter of the late Amel Reynold Carlson and Frances Lillian Evald Carlson, Hattauer was born April 7, 1921, in Chicago, Ill. She had resided in New York since 1955.
Hattauer was a Princeton Seminary graduate. She worked as the assistant minister and director of Christian education at First Congregational Church of Chappaqua. She was predeceased by two brothers, Reynold and Burley Carlson, as well as a sister, Emmy Sunny Merritt.
Hattauer is survived by her husband of 52 years, Richard G. Hattauer; two sons and daughters-in-law, Richard and Ann Hattauer of Monrovia, Md., and Jim and Frances Hattauer of Flemington, N.J.; and four grandchildren: Richard Hattauer III, Christopher, Elizabeth and Rachel Hattauer.
Please visit www.holcombefisher.com for further information, or to send condolences.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Chappaqua School District Bids Adieu To Retirees
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl