CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – Jean C. Hattauer, a former Chappaqua resident, died Monday, Dec. 17, at the Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center in Hillsborough, N.J. She was 91.
Daughter of the late Amel Reynold Carlson and Frances Lillian Evald Carlson, Hattauer was born April 7, 1921, in Chicago, Ill. She had resided in New York since 1955.
Hattauer was a Princeton Seminary graduate. She worked as the assistant minister and director of Christian education at First Congregational Church of Chappaqua. She was predeceased by two brothers, Reynold and Burley Carlson, as well as a sister, Emmy Sunny Merritt.
Hattauer is survived by her husband of 52 years, Richard G. Hattauer; two sons and daughters-in-law, Richard and Ann Hattauer of Monrovia, Md., and Jim and Frances Hattauer of Flemington, N.J.; and four grandchildren: Richard Hattauer III, Christopher, Elizabeth and Rachel Hattauer.
Please visit www.holcombefisher.com for further information, or to send condolences.
- 1 New Castle Having Annual Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 3 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 4 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 5 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120