CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Gabriel Rosenfeld, a World War II veteran, died on Aug. 6, the Town of New Castle announced in its weekly newsletter.
The newsletter notes that Rosenfeld, also was a Purple Heart recipient, served on the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) for 35 years, from 1975 to 2010. He served as chair from 1980 to 2007, it notes.
Rosenfeld was also a Rotary Club member, Memorial Day grand marshal emeritus and recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow Award, according to the newsletter.
Rosenfeld was honored in October 2012 by state Sen. Greg Ball as part of the 40th Senate District Veterans Hall of Fame, Daily Voice reported at the time.
His funeral will be held at Temple Beth El in Chappaqua on Sunday, Aug. 10 at 1 p.m., according to Sally Rosenfeld.
- 1 Bill, Hillary Clinton March In Chappaqua For Memorial Day Parade
- 2 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Downed Trees Lead To Blockages On Bronx River Parkway, Route 120
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says