CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Gabriel Rosenfeld, a World War II veteran, died on Aug. 6, the Town of New Castle announced in its weekly newsletter.
The newsletter notes that Rosenfeld, also was a Purple Heart recipient, served on the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) for 35 years, from 1975 to 2010. He served as chair from 1980 to 2007, it notes.
Rosenfeld was also a Rotary Club member, Memorial Day grand marshal emeritus and recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow Award, according to the newsletter.
Rosenfeld was honored in October 2012 by state Sen. Greg Ball as part of the 40th Senate District Veterans Hall of Fame, Daily Voice reported at the time.
His funeral will be held at Temple Beth El in Chappaqua on Sunday, Aug. 10 at 1 p.m., according to Sally Rosenfeld.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Estate That Straddles New Castle
- 2 New Chappaqua Crossing Housing Plan Puts 32 Units In Cupola Building
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island