CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Ernest Herbert Mayer, died on Friday, March 7. He was 92 years old.
Mayer was born in 1922 in Aussig, Czechoslovakia. After immigrating to the U.S. in the 1930’s, he joined the U.S. military and was stationed in Europe in World War II and after.
Mayer and his wife, Raymonde, moved to Chappaqua, where he was a resident from 1968 to 1989 and where he served on the library board. He then moved to West Palm Beach, Fla.
Mayer is survived by his wife, Raymonde, his children Larry, Lesley and Lance, and their spouses Christa, Rick and Karyn, grandchildren Lucas and Daniel, Kim and Sean, Justin, Christy, Michele, and great-grandchildren Jared, Allison, Mateo, Noelle, and Aleithia.
Donations in his memory may be made to Hospice of Palm Beach County, 5300 East Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33407.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Going Nuts In Chappaqua For The Sake Of Westchester's Dogs, Cats
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Chappaqua