CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Ernest Herbert Mayer, died on Friday, March 7. He was 92 years old.
Mayer was born in 1922 in Aussig, Czechoslovakia. After immigrating to the U.S. in the 1930’s, he joined the U.S. military and was stationed in Europe in World War II and after.
Mayer and his wife, Raymonde, moved to Chappaqua, where he was a resident from 1968 to 1989 and where he served on the library board. He then moved to West Palm Beach, Fla.
Mayer is survived by his wife, Raymonde, his children Larry, Lesley and Lance, and their spouses Christa, Rick and Karyn, grandchildren Lucas and Daniel, Kim and Sean, Justin, Christy, Michele, and great-grandchildren Jared, Allison, Mateo, Noelle, and Aleithia.
Donations in his memory may be made to Hospice of Palm Beach County, 5300 East Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33407.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 New Castle Cracking Down On Distracted Driving
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach