CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Charles Antonaccio of Chappaqua died May 17. He was 93.
Antonaccio was born in Italy in 1921. He came to this country in 1931 and graduated from Purdue University in 1943. After serving in the Pacific during World War II, he returned home from Tokyo in 1946, and began work for New York Telephone in 1947 as a lineman in the management trainee program. He retired 39 years later as an assistant vice president and director of labor relations for Verizon in New York.
Antonaccio is survived by his wife, Therese; and children, Carla and Maria Antonaccio. He was predeceased by Angela (nee Milano) Antonaccio; brothers, Mario and Michelangelo (Mike); and sister, Essuida.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 21 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Pleasantville. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 22 at Saints John and Mary Upper Church, 30 Poillon St., Chappaqua. Interment will follow at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens