CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Arthur V. Richards of Chappaqua died Friday, Jan. 17. He was 74.
Richards was born Feb. 20, 1939, in Brooklyn, to Isabel (McCafferty) and James Richards. He graduated from St. John's University, B.A, J.D. He served in the United States Air Force from 1958 to 1962. He joined the legal staff of the Melville Corporation in 1968 and retired in 1997 as vice president/general counsel. He served on the boards of the Retail Council of N.Y. State and SUNY College at Purchase.
Richards is survived by his wife, Nancy; daughter, Pamela Smith (Kevin) of Rye; son, Arthur (Danae) of Chappaqua; four grandchildren; brother, James (Denise) of Harrison; and sister, Diane of Rye.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Inc., Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22 at the Church of St. John & St. Mary (Little Church), Chappaqua. Interment is private.
- 1 Chappaqua Couple Part of National Campaign To Share Breast Cancer Stories
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 3 Chappaqua Crossing Attorney: Vote Or We'll Return To Court
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Chappaqua's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend