CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Arthur V. Richards of Chappaqua died Friday, Jan. 17. He was 74.
Richards was born Feb. 20, 1939, in Brooklyn, to Isabel (McCafferty) and James Richards. He graduated from St. John's University, B.A, J.D. He served in the United States Air Force from 1958 to 1962. He joined the legal staff of the Melville Corporation in 1968 and retired in 1997 as vice president/general counsel. He served on the boards of the Retail Council of N.Y. State and SUNY College at Purchase.
Richards is survived by his wife, Nancy; daughter, Pamela Smith (Kevin) of Rye; son, Arthur (Danae) of Chappaqua; four grandchildren; brother, James (Denise) of Harrison; and sister, Diane of Rye.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Inc., Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22 at the Church of St. John & St. Mary (Little Church), Chappaqua. Interment is private.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Chappaqua's Dirks, Train Crash Victim, Remembered As Brilliant, Humble
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Going Nuts In Chappaqua For The Sake Of Westchester's Dogs, Cats
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Chappaqua