CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - Arthur V. Richards of Chappaqua died Friday, Jan. 17. He was 74.
Richards was born Feb. 20, 1939, in Brooklyn, to Isabel (McCafferty) and James Richards. He graduated from St. John's University, B.A, J.D. He served in the United States Air Force from 1958 to 1962. He joined the legal staff of the Melville Corporation in 1968 and retired in 1997 as vice president/general counsel. He served on the boards of the Retail Council of N.Y. State and SUNY College at Purchase.
Richards is survived by his wife, Nancy; daughter, Pamela Smith (Kevin) of Rye; son, Arthur (Danae) of Chappaqua; four grandchildren; brother, James (Denise) of Harrison; and sister, Diane of Rye.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Inc., Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22 at the Church of St. John & St. Mary (Little Church), Chappaqua. Interment is private.
- 1 Firm Unveils Overhaul Plan For Downtown Chappaqua
- 2 Groups Offer Advice For Dealing With Wild Critters In Westchester
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43