NEW CASTLE, N.Y. – Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- The Friends of the Chappaqua Library is sponsoring an informal writing workshop at the library on Monday at 7:30 p.m. The library is encouraging residents to bring "short prose, poetry, ideas or simply a desire to write, to an evening of supportive feedback with fellow writers." The workshop will be led by Joan Schulman. The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
- Local author Kate Stone Lombardi will be discussing her new book, "The Mama's Boy Myth," at 7:30 p.m. on March 20 at the Chappaqua Library.
- The New Castle Town Board will meet for a work session at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday in conference rooms A&B at town hall.
- The New Castle Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in the assembly room at town hall. Conifer Realty is scheduled to return with more information on its affordable housing proposal.
- The Chappaqua Central School District Board of Education will meet for a public session at 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday at Horace Greeley High School. Visit the district's website to see the agenda.
- Trained members of AARP will be offering tax help from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Chappaqua Library. The help is geared toward people with middle and low income, with special attention given to those age 60 and older. Residents in need of help must bring a copy of last year's tax return, W-2 forms from all employers, unemployment compensation statements, SSA-1099 forms if you were paid Social Security benefits, all 1099 forms, all forms indicating federal income tax paid, dependent care provider information, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions and Social Security numbers for all dependents.