CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. - A memorial service for Bert Sugar, sporting events and the farmers market are just some of the things happening this weekend in Chappaqua.
- Horace Greeley High School spring sports get underway this weekend. The boys baseball team will be traveling to John Jay High School at 4 p.m. on Friday.
- Horace Greeley High School spring sports get underway this weekend. The boys lacrosse team hosts Byram Hills High School at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
- The Chappaqua Farmers Market will return at 9 a.m. on Saturday. The market will continue to be held in the Church of St. Mary the Virgin on South Greeley Avenue.
- The Chappaqua Library is hosting its weekly Bridge and Scrabble Club on Saturday at 10 a.m. While bridge play is not for beginners, all levels are welcome for Scrabble. The club is free and open to the public.
- Chappaqua resident and boxing historian Bert Sugar will be remembered with a funeral and memorial service at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Chappaqua.
- World Cup Nursery School & Kindergarten and Friends of the Napoli Family are sponsoring a Family Fun Day Fundraiser Event at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday in honor of 3-year-old Sophia Napoli, who has recently been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. The event, at 160 Hunts Lane, will have games, arts and crafts, face painting, tattoos, a clown, cotton candy, a raffle and more.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.