NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- Great Decisions, a community current events discussion group, will meet at the Chappaqua Library at 10 a.m. on Monday. The discussion will be led by Paul Jenkel and Tim Seymour.
- The Friends of the Chappaqua Library is sponsoring an informal writing workshop at the library on Monday at 7:30 p.m. The library is encouraging residents to bring "short prose, poetry, ideas or simply a desire to write, to an evening of supportive feedback with fellow writers." The workshop will be led by Joan Schulman. The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
- The New Castle Town Board will meet for a work session at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday in conference rooms A&B at Town Hall.
- The New Castle Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in the assembly room at Town Hall. Visit the town's website to see the agenda .
- The Chappaqua Central School District Board of Education will meet for a public session at 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday in the Academic Commons of Horace Greeley High School. Visit the school district's website to see the agenda .
- Trained members of AARP will be offering tax help from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Chappaqua Library. The help is geared toward people with middle and low income, with special attention given to those age 60 and older. Residents in need of help must bring a copy of last year's tax return, W-2 forms from all employers, unemployment compensation statements, SSA-1099 forms if you were paid Social Security benefits, all 1099 forms, all forms indicating federal income tax paid, dependent care provider information, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions and Social Security numbers for all dependents.
- The Chappaqua Library is holding a 19th century literature workshop at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The workshop will be led by English teacher Jacqueline Reichman and will focus on chapters 24 through 38 of "Jane Eyre." The event is free and open to the public.
- The Chappaqua Library will continue to focus on tea in its Menu in the Movies series with a showing of "Tea with Mussolini" at 7 p.m. on Friday. The event will be led by food author Carol Durst, who will also be providing a variety of tea for a tasting. The event is sponsored by the Friends of the Chappaqua Library and is free and open to the public.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.