WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
The request for increase was made by 41 companies and include increases on the six most popular plans on the state's health exchange. Reasons for the increase included: a sicker than anticipated population, rising medical costs and government regulations, captialnewyork.com reported.
Last year, insurers requested a 9.5 percent increase but the average increase approved by the department of financial services was only about 4.5 percent, capitalnewyork.com said.
- 1 County Revisits Chappaqua Station Funding
- 2 New Castle Attorney Disputes Chappaqua Crossing Lawyer’s Claims
- 3 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 4 Millwood FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 5 Mount Kisco Resident Charged With $1.4M Bank Theft