WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
The request for increase was made by 41 companies and include increases on the six most popular plans on the state's health exchange. Reasons for the increase included: a sicker than anticipated population, rising medical costs and government regulations, captialnewyork.com reported.
Last year, insurers requested a 9.5 percent increase but the average increase approved by the department of financial services was only about 4.5 percent, capitalnewyork.com said.
- 1 Starbucks, Chase Named As Proposed Tenants For Chappaqua Crossing
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Chappaqua