CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. ‒ The Chappaqua Daily Voice will head into the new year by counting down, in no particular order, the top 10 stories from 2012.
Residents were on the lookout for Academy Award-winner Ben Kinglsey over the summer when his film, "A Birder's Guide to Everything," shot scenes in Chappaqua. The movie was produced by Chappaqua resident Dan Lindau.
The movie, according to its Facebook page, follows the story of high school sophomore David Portnoy, who believes he's made the discovery of a lifetime, an extinct duck. The 15-year-old then recruits his friends to join him on a quest for the mysterious bird.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Castle Creates Arts And Culture Committee, Saves Theater
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Chappaqua
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island