NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- The New Castle Town Board will hold a meeting at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday in the assembly room at town hall. Visit the town website to see the agenda .
- The Chappaqua Central School District Board of Education will meet for a public session at 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday in the Academic Commons of Horace Greeley High School. Visit the school district website to see the agenda .
- Superintendent Lyn McKay is inviting community family members for coffee and informal conversation at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday at Robert E. Bell Middle School. The topic of conversation will be middle school curriculum and community members do not need to have a child at Bell to attend.
- Trained members of AARP will once again be offering tax help from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Chappaqua Library. The help is geared toward people with middle and low income, with special attention given to those age 60 and older. Residents in need of help must bring a copy of last year's tax return, W-2 forms from all employers, unemployment compensation statements, SSA-1099 forms if you were paid Social Security benefits, all 1099 forms, all forms indicating federal income tax paid, dependent care provider information, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions, and Social Security numbers for all dependents.
- The Chappaqua Library is holding a 19th century literature workshop at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The workshop will be led by English teacher Jacqueline Reichman and will focus on chapters one through 23 of "Jane Eyre." The event is free and open to the public.
- The zoning board of appeals will convene for its monthly meeting at 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday in the assembly room of town hall. Visit the town website to view the agenda .
- The Chappaqua Library will continue its Thursday night book discussion group, at 7 p.m. when Susan Zangler will lead a discussion about "The Rules of Civility."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.