NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- New Castle Town Hall and the Chappaqua Library will both be closed on Monday in honor of President's Day.
- All Chappaqua schools will be closed for the week.
- The New Castle Town Board convenes for a work session and a meeting at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday at Town Hall.
- Trained members of AARP will once again be offering tax help from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Chappaqua Library. The help is geared toward people with middle and low income, with special attention given to those age 60 and older. Residents in need of help must bring a copy of last year's tax return, W-2 forms from all employers, unemployment compensation statements, SSA-1099 forms if you were paid Social Security benefits, all 1099 forms, all forms indicating federal income tax paid, dependent care provider information, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions, and Social Security numbers for all dependents.
- The Chappaqua Library is inviting children to participate in a Winter Wonderland Musical on Wednesday 3:30 p.m. to help make up for the lack of snowfall this season. Songwriter Patricia Shih will be performing audience-participatory music for children 4-years-old and up. Children can also practice "ice-skating" by attaching wax paper to the bottom of their shoes.
- The Chappaqua Library is holding a 19th Century literature workshop at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The workshop will be led by English teacher Jacqueline Reichman and will focus on chapters 36 through 71 of "Pride and Prejudice." The event is free and open to the public.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.