NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- Great Decisions, a community current events discussion group will meet at the Chappaqua Library at 10 a.m. on Monday for a discussion on Indonesia.
- Christine Bobkoff, an adjunct professor at Westchester Community College, will lead an open book discussion on "The Zookeeper's Wife" at the Chappaqua Library at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- The New Castle Town Board convenes for a work session and a meeting at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday at town hall. Click here for the agenda .
- Trained members of AARP will once again be offering tax help from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Chappaqua Library. The help is geared toward people with middle and low income, with special attention given to those age 60 and older. Residents in need of help must bring: a copy of last year's tax return, W-2 forms from all employers, unemployment compensation statements, SSA-1099 forms if you were paid Social Security benefits, all 1099 forms, all forms indicating federal income tax paid, dependent care provider information, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions, and Social Security numbers for all dependents.
- The deadline for application into Horace Greeley's L.I.F.E. School is 10 a.m. on Thursday.
- A special presentation titled "Chinese History, Its Stories, Traditions and Art Forms" will be held at the Chappaqua Library at 7 p.m. on Thursday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.