NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- The Chappaqua Library will round out its antique lecture and appraisals series on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Kent homeowner Michael Kalesti will be joining residents in the library's theater to lead a discussion on mid-century furniture and appraise items. The event is free and open to the public.
- The New Castle Town Board will meet for a work session on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in conference rooms A and B of Town Hall. The work session will be followed by a meeting in the assembly room at 8:30 p.m.
- The New Castle Zoning Board of Appeals will convene for its monthly meeting on Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. in the assembly room of Town Hall. Click here for the agenda .
- On Friday at 2 p.m., the Chappaqua Library will be assisting the technology-impaired with a "Demystifying Computers" event. Abigail Stokes, author of Is This Thing On? A Computer Handbook, will be leading a talk to "introduce late bloomer, grandparents, technophobes & the digitally challenged to all the wonders of using a computer, email and the Internet."
- Temple Beth El will continue its Meet the Author series on Friday at 8 p.m. with Mary Zamore, author of The Sacred Table .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.