NEW CASTLE, N.Y. Every week, many New Castle organizations and committees hold community events or convene for public meetings. Here is the New Castle community calendar for the week:
- The Chappaqua Library is holding a "Valentine Book Making" event on Tuesday at 4 p.m. The library is welcoming children in kindergarten through second grade to write, illustrate and bind a love story. Registration is necessary, as space is limited.
- The New Castle Planning Board will convene for its monthly meeting on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the assembly room of Town Hall.
- The New Castle Town Board hold a work session at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday in conference rooms A and B at Town Hall. Click here for the agenda .
- Temple Beth El is continuing its "Many Faces of Israel" book discussion series at 7:30 p.m. of Wednesday. The discussion of "Biblical Israel As a Driven Leaf" will be led by Senior Rabbi Josh Davidson.
- The Chappaqua Library is holding a 19th Century literature workshop at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The workshop will be led by English teacher Jacqueline Reichman and will focus on chapters 1 through 36 of "Pride and Prejudice." The event is free and open to the public.
- With Black History Month underway, the Chappaqua Library is having a multi-media presentation at 1 p.m. on Friday on the life of civil rights activist Paul Robeson. The presentation, which is co-sponsored with New Castle Recreation and Parks Department, will include a short video. The event is free and open to the public.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.